Railway Empire Complete Collection – As the future brings us closer to more advanced technology that changes the way we live, it can be easy to forget that once upon a time, people didn’t have it so good.
When it comes to travel, hauling freight, and mail delivery the United States experienced a boom thanks to the development of railroad technology that would eventually create the Transcontinental Railroad.
Gaming Mind Studios takes you back to the past to experience this technological and economic boom with Railway Empire Complete Collection, a management sim that involves building and running your own railway networks across a burgeoning country.
Each chapter in the campaign is marked by a series of tasks that must be completed by a certain date, as noted by the game’s ticking clock which tracks the passage of time by month. In that time, you’ll be expected to meet certain criteria, like delivering X number of cattle to a connecting city, delivering passengers, and increasing your company’s financial worth. Tasks are divided into those that are deemed essential to the progress of the Transcontinental Railroad while others are good tests of management skill and an opportunity for an influx of cash.
The process of setting up rail lines is simple and starts with building train stations in several cities and then connecting them by setting down railroad tracks, being mindful about the topographical obstacles that can be conquered but at a great financial cost. Then, you will purchase train engines and set their routes to create a simple trade network.
Rural farms that specialize in different trade goods – corn, cattle, cotton, etc. – can be connected to cities as well to ensure the delivery of essential goods. Depending on the level of simulation you choose to play with. You’ll have to perform the extra task of building parallel tracks and signals to control traffic and prevent trains from running into each other. They won’t actually do that but instead will simply not move until the route is clear, which could easily jeopardize your profits.
Railway Empire Complete Collection Features
- Immerse yourself as an ambitious leader of a railway company and set tracks across 100 years of history and multiple countries – ultimately establishing a Railway Empire
- Enhanced weather system and Night Mode
- Build and expand a wide-ranging rail network to connect stations and transform remote locations into booming urban metropolises
- Contains all content updates and available DLC: Mexico, the Great Lakes, Crossing the Andes, Great Britain and Ireland, France, Germany Northern Europe and Down Under
- Test your skills in 15 unique scenarios and 4 challenge maps, or experience the true pioneering spirit and seamless possibilities of the Free and Sandbox modes
- Includes all regional soundtracks, unique city buildings and characters
- Compete with up to three rival companies, sabotaging their efforts with bandits and spies
- Take advantage of the strengths and weaknesses of more than 80 historically accurate locomotives and assign them to your rail routes
Note: to play this game on PS5, your system may need to be updated to the latest system software. Even though this game is playable on PS5, some features available on PS4 may not work. See PlayStation.com/bc for more details.